Friday, September 18, 2009

Books, Books, Books


So I'm almost finish with American Tribes: Journalistic Discoveries of Our People and Their Cultures. I've been trying to decide what's next so here is the list of possibilities. If you have any feedback leave me a comment either here or facebook. Also if your interested in reading one of the books with me, I always thought it would be cool to form a book club. (where i got to choose the book every time) Well here they are...

"Harlen County Speaks" focuses on how the coal industry affected a small county in eastern Kentucky during the 1930's.

On the same theme George Orwells "The Road to Wigan Pier", this is a journalistic approach to the industrial heartlands of England in the mid 30's.

Stephen Ambrose "Pegasus Bridge" I believe this details the capture and defense of a crucial bridge during D-day.

The 7 Pillars of Wisdom by T.E. Lawrence aka Lawrence of Arabia. This book was written after the first world war and is based off Lawrence's actions with Arab revolt in 1916-1918.

Let me know what you think.

TLH

1 comment:

  1. I think Predictably Irrational. It's sitting on my desk waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete