Monday, September 14, 2009

Music Monday



Bill Callahan's record "Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle" is filled with some great new songs. Callahan sings with a deep, smooth voice which applifies his creative lyrics throughout each track. Backed up by guitars and a unique string set the music becomes easy listening. It just happens to be my favorite album to pull up in the ipod while I'm reading down at Cup Of Joe.( it tends to go great with Tribes of America by: Paul Cowan) I leave you with some of Callahan's lyrics, these are from a song titled "My Friend."

Now I'm not saying we're cut from the same tree
But like two pieces of the gallows
The pillar and the beam
Like two pieces of the gallows
We share a common dream--
To destroy what will harm other men


TLH

No comments:

Post a Comment