Thursday, September 10, 2009

Windows down with Yo-Yo Ma.

So I was driving back from campus tonight and I happened to be listening to 89.7. For those of you not familiar, WCPE airs classical music 24/7. I happen to listen a couple times a week, but every once in awhile when I hear a song I recognize I automatically roll down the windows. It can be 30 degrees outside and I still have them down, naturally then I crank up the volume. Tonight it just happened to be Yo Yo Ma preforming Bach's Suite for Cello No. 1 G Major. Unfortunately I didn't have any red lights, but I did get to slowly drive by a group of kids with their windows down. I would like to think I shared the musical love... but in reality I probably shared as much of Yo Yo as they did of Miley Cyrus.

Here's the video of Yo-Yo Ma's appearance on the West Wing. Not only is the music great, but this is by far one of the greatest scenes in the shows seven seasons.

TLH

No comments:

Post a Comment